Job Opportunities with ArtsyBug Studio
Available position-- Event/Artist Facilitator and Facilitator of Sales/Promotional Events
Based at—ArtsyBug Studio 425 17th Street, Moline, IL 61265
This position reports to Chuck Gillespie and Theresa Gillespie, Owner/Operator
To instruct and facilitate guests at Paint with Friends Events at ArtsyBug Studio and increase number of guests in attendance at assigned events.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Lead group of attendees at Paint with Friends event demonstrating step-by-step completion of the painting/artwork created at event.
2. Set up table paper, easels, canvas, brushes, paper towels, water cups for guests in attendance prior to guest arriving for event.
3. Clean up all used paper paint plates, clean brushes with clean water and store appropriately.
4. Accurately record the attendance of registered guests upon their arrival.
5. Ensure guests register online with mobile phone or with studio computer using their own credit card if they have not already registered for event.
6. Engage Paint with Friends attendees with pleasant conversation.
7. Assist with the planning of the calendar for painting choices for days/events of assignment.
8. Increase sales by actively marketing events of assignments via social media, personal contacts, business associates, etc.
9. Any and all other duties as assigned.
Creative, Self driven, results oriented, clear focused with attention to detail, high quality, and business profit. A natural forward planner, who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with small, medium, and large groups of people (4 to 44 people per event) of all ages. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Well presented and businesslike. Motivated by new experiences, responsibility and accountability. Able to get along with others and be a team-player by demonstrating a positive and cheerful attitude. Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
Specific Job Skills:
Must be able to recreate acrylic paintings for group painting events (Paint with Friends events) in a timely manner (90-180 minutes).
Must be able to work with paints, and arts supplies and cleanup as needed.
Must be able to demonstrate and instruct groups of 4-44 people on how to create a painting.
Must be able to positively reinforce the work/creativity of all in attendance.
Able to work flexible hours and independently.
Able to create from concept to production original artwork paintings.
Able to lift objects up to 40 pounds.
Able to perform simple data entry into Google Drive Spreadsheet or similar software.
Able to work with numerous art mediums.
Able to demonstrate success and growth in the number of Friends in attendance at Paint With Friends Event.
Able to utilize social media (specifically Facebook) and new sources to generate new leads, sales, and Friends in attendance at Paint with Friends events.
Able to manage time wisely. Able to resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
Able to utilize the “Customer is ‘usually’ right” philosophy at all times.
Able to promote ArtsyBug Studio and Paint with Friends events to a network of Quad City area businesses, schools, churches, and organizations.
Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts or Art Education with course exposure to marketing/advertising and psychology preferred but not required.
Attractive Salary for the right individual!
Interested candidates for this position should send resume and online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by May 6th, 2016